The New Mexico AMP Transfer Scholarship is available to students transferring from a 2-year to a 4-year institution to pursue a degree in a STEM discipline. Available to community college students as they begin their first semester at a four-year institution, the scholarship provides important financial assistance during the student’s first semester at the university.
Preference for the Transfer Scholarship will be given to minority students from New Mexico AMP partner institutions that transfer as second semester sophomores and above. Student must meet the following requirements.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater at the time of transfer and maintain fulltime status
- Underrepresented students in STEM disciplines: African Americans/Black, American Indians/Alaskan Natives, Hispanic/Latinos, and Native Hawaiians or other Pacific Islanders
- U.S. Citizens or possess a status as a national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien (Section III C of Program Solicitation NSF 03-501).
To apply, submit an application using the following instructions:
- Use the Transfer – Student User Guide for step-by-step instructions to create an account and submit an application.
- Log-on to the http://mynmamp.nmsu.edu/portal/login Portal